P2 MXF recorded by Panasonic HD cam:
Panasonic: Panasonic HVX and HPX like AG-HVX200A, AJ-HPX3000, AG-HVX200E, etc. The shot content can be saved as traditional tape or saved on a P2 card as MXF file.
About P2 card:
– Each P2 card is recognized as a separate removable disk drive.
– Video on the card is recorded in the MXF file format called OP Atom.
– Audio & Video are separate files, stored in separate folders.
The structure of P2 card:
An example layout for DV50 clips (with 4 tracks of audio) is:
For DV25 clips (2 tracks of audio):
The recommended P2 MXF management tool:
Raylight by DVFilm – Edit HVX200 DVCPROHD with Vegas or Premiere.
2. P2Forge – The ultimate P2 workflow solutions.
3. Mac P2 MXF Video Converterfrom UFUSoft-solution only for 1080i P2 MXF footage on Mac.
See the structure picture: